I have been feeling really fired-up lately about the ways that conventional business and conventional marketing uphold and proliferate dominance and supremacy, in both subtle and overt ways…
- Using tactics of scarcity and manipulation to sell
- Pushing past people’s boundaries to “handle their objections” in ways that subvert their knowing
- Infantilizing, distrusting, demeaning, and speaking-down to people
- Positioning ourselves as being above the troubles of life
- Positioning our work as the surefire solution to their challenges
Taking us as creators further away from our work – the heart and soul and roots and depth of it – and from a deep trust in our own ability to connect with our people in relational, generative, and resonant ways.
So often, the imperative to market “correctly” not only changes how we speak about our work, but starts to erode at the work itself.
So the more our contorted-and-distorted-but-”statistically correct” marketing is not working (because often it can’t), the more we question the work itself and start to pick and chip away at it.
I wanted to talk about how to re-invigorate the roots of connection to our work.
How to re-establish our relationship with ourselves as creators.
How to cultivate deep trust and connection and relationality with it all.
I went live on instagram earlier this week, and decided to share it on the podcast, too. You can listen to it on instagram here or on the podcast links below…
In this episode, I share:
- How terrifying it can be to bring through and share our deepest work, especially in a death-phobic “culture” that avoids feeling the depths of our terror
- Making the profound shift from relating to your work as a gambler playing slot machines, to relating as a gardener tending a garden
- Why conventional marketing does not work (on so many levels) for folks whose work takes people into the depths
- The intricate and incorruptible relationship between bringing forward your deepest work, and relating to your work on a deep level (and how to cultivate that good-relating)
TUNE IN: APPLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY | STITCHER
Resources + links mentioned:
- Join our NEW offering, DEVOTED – A 6 Week Journey to Unearth + Birth Your Deepest Work, here: nishamoodley.com/devoted/
- Nisha mentions her dear mentor, Hiro Boga, who you can find here: hiroboga.com/
Join the Podcast Inner Circle here:
Share the love!
Did you love this podcast? Please leave an honest review over on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help spread the word, and I take the time to read each one.
You can also leave a note under any post on Instagram. I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to share on social media, using any of the images below: